Owning a full-size truck is often seen as a statement of your manhood. For many, it is a powerful, large piece of steel that helps bring increase your testosterone. Well, at least that is how Ford’s truck sales and marketing boss sees it.
A story on Forbes.com details a list of motivational statements that Doug Scott, Ford’s truck and sales marketing exec., uses to pump up his team.
Without further ado here are 10 of the 25 BFT (Built Ford Tough) rules that were able to be shared:
- Raw meat is acceptable team food. Raw fish is not.
- Roller luggage is expressly forbidden, except for golf bags.
- Earplugs are not permitted at NASCAR races or National Hot Rod Association events
- No whining!
- Airport trams and moving sidewalks are off-limits in order to promote team conditioning.
- When camping, you must set up your own truck or trailer. No glamping.
- No wimpy cell phone ring tones.
- Jackets or ponchos are acceptable rain gear. Umbrellas are not.
- True BFT Truck Team members wear real jeans, not skinny jeans.
- For flights departing at 7 a.m. or later, an office appearance is expected prior to departure. Red-eye flights are expected to maximize productivity. There are no “travel days.”
Most of these rules make a lot of sense to most guys and it is easy to see how these can be BFT rules to live by. These rules were first reported by Linda Water Nelson, editor of INSIDEout: Cars & Trucks and sport vehicle editor for Texas Fish & Game magazine.
What do you think? Are you tough enough to own a Ford truck?